Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Lake of 1,000 Smells

Ran all the way around the lake of 1,000 smells today with Greg and took our neighbor's pug, Tank, with us. I was pleased with my consistent pace, and amused at how much algae was floating around. It always takes me back to cross country in high school when one of our team mates fell into the lake near the "submerged shopping cart" which was always one of our markers. Good times.

My next goal is to make it around the lake twice, which would be 6.2 miles. But I think first I'd like to move at a faster pace. Maybe bump it up a notch from tortoise to racing snail.

Tank made it mostly around the lake, wheezing a little, but picking up the pace after our water stops for him at teh drinking fountains. He also had fun chasing geese, and eating their ummm...leavings...which was pretty gross. Ah Tank. You are a continual source of amusement and poop.

Thanks to my first set of donors! David Sophia Siegel, my neighbors Alex and Erica (tank's parents) and my mom and dad.

I think the most daunting part of the entire thing is the fundraising, I know it's only day 2, but still. Eeeeek. I know my friends love me though, otherwise they wouldn't return my calls. You love me...don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment